Monday, June 30, 2008

The SPARQLTaggingServlet with ED

Now that the SPARQLTaggingServlet and SPARQLTagManager are complete, I've gone ahead and integrated them into the rest of ED. I call the SPARQLTaggingServlet as I would ED's current TagManagerSaveTaggingServlet. EXCEPT! I stop the form from submitting to Connotea until it's confirmed that all the tags have first been put into our Virtuoso database. Basically this involves having to 'return false' on all the functions bound to 'submit' so that the form doesn't submit. and then setting a setTimeout to check for a response from SPARQLTaggingServlet saying it's okay to submit before calling submit from the javascript.


Interesting point: Ben discovered an error in this new addition. When he tried adding a new bookmark, Tomcat went crazy saying it was low on memory. Although I did some basic testing on it, I guess I didn't do enough... I suspect that it's because I forgot to close something that needs to be closed.

No comments: